We are excited to add another premium class to our extensive Group Fitness timetable adding further value to your C2K Membership! Yoga studios charge upwards of $30 per class for Hot Yoga sessions!
Hot Yoga provides a myriad of benefits as follows:
1. Flexibility: No, you won't be forced into contortionist positions. The heat will allow you to safely reach new levels of personal flexibility in beginner’s postures, which is therapeutic for your body (see number seven). Plus, let’s be honest, being flexible is cool. You’ll be busting out Standing Bow Pose at your next party.
2. Strength: Your own body is your gym. This yoga is low impact and uses muscles you didn’t know you had—trying standing in a wide lunge for Triangle pose on carpet and not sliding! Also, a prime focus is on spine strength, which is key to a long healthy life!
3. Breath: The definition of Hatha Yoga asana is: stillness in a posture while breathing normally. With the added element of the heat, you won’t make it far if you don’t breathe deeply! If there is no breathing, there is no yoga. It won’t take long before you learn to breathe in a full and controlled manner.
4. Cardio: Your heart can work the same way doing yoga postures in a heated room as it does when running a mile, and you never even leave your mat. Particularly in postures when you are balancing and contracting your muscles at the same time. A 90-minute class can burn up to 1,000 calories. The way you stretch and compress your internal organs and glands also stimulates metabolism so you are burning calories quicker outside the room as well.
5. Detox: The heated room helps you to stretch more and get your cardio, but it also helps you sweat. The postures themselves are detoxifying for your muscles, organs, and glands and sweating furthers that.
6. Focus: Most Hot Yoga classes consist of the same 26 postures and two breathing exercises—and if not, there is almost always a dialed routine. The routine helps you to advance your practice through repetition. As you advance, you gain tremendous focus and determination. The ability to focus carries over to your daily life. When you can focus on the task at hand, you'll excel and you can enjoy it more.
7. Healing: The primary purpose of this yoga is therapy. With a regular practice, these postures can help to heal old injuries and also prevent them in the future. This is especially true for, but not limited to, back pain. Don't skip the postures that are slightly uncomfortable. Hot Yoga is also known to reduce symptoms of conditions and illnesses including diabetes, asthma, high blood pressure, depression, arthritis and obesity.
8. Life:“You’re only as old as your spine is flexible.” ~ (Joseph Pilates) Check out Hot Yoga and try a class. You’ve got nothing to lose!
Classes start in June and class days/times will be release soon. Due to the elevated temperature and increased heart rate, classes are not recommended for those with a heart condition, pregnant or on High BP medication. Please check with your doctor to determine if classes are suitable.
For more information see reception.
Try our new classes in JUNE - Box n Circuit. Classes feature old school boxing drills, partner work and circuit station based components designed to keep your heart rate elevated throughout. No cheating!
Ari and Tom will work you hard so come prepared to give it your all! You asked for it, you got it - the rest is up to you!
Classes are on Wed & Fri 6am in the Group Fitness studio, boxing gloves supplied, please purchase glove inners at reception.
Pushed for time? Only have 30 mins and want to get the most out of your time in the gym? Or do you want to combine two different classes into your workout time? Our new 30 min express classes are perfect if this is you!
Get in and get out! See timetable for Express class times.